Women's trail snowshoes should be different than men's. For that matter, any model of women's snowshoes should reflect the fact that women are smaller and have shorter, more narrow strides.
And did you know that Crescent Moon was the first to make a series of snowshoes for women, and by the way, designed by a woman, who also happens to be the co-founder of the company? Now you know.
The Gold 13 Trail is for women up to 165lbs and foot sizes less than 12 (W). It's lightweight, very easy to maneuver and features a binding system so well designed and functional it has been recognized as the "best" snowshoe on the market by most outside magazines at some point during the last 22 years Crescent Moon has been making it. That's one small step for women, one giant snowshoe leap for women-kind. The Gold 13 features a frame which has been bent with a very steep nose and tapered tail. Because of this unique teardrop shape, with each step, the shoes will clear away from themselves within the distance of your own natural stride without forcing you to adapt a new walking style, like traditionally shaped snowshoes do. The Gold 13's are exceptionally responsive, lightweight, and comfortable on any trail.
- 8.5 x 24.5 in, exaggerated tear drop shape makes it more maneuverable than traditional shapes
- 3.9 lbs/pair, Recommended for women snowshoers up to 165lbs
- Fits shoe sizes W6 to 12
- Binding features spring cam buckle quick pull loop and ratchet heel strap
- 3 stainless steel crampon system featuring the climbing “toe” claw design
- Based in Colorado, USA. Limited Lifetime warranty, does not cover wear and tear.