As an outdoor products manufacturer we feel obligated to try and make our snowshoes in a way that does no harm to the environment in which they are used. To that end, we set some basic rules and tenets for ourselves to follow early on in the history of Crescent Moon Snowshoes:
- Our snowshoes are built to last a lifetime by using the highest quality components possible. We can repair almost any kind of problem and at the end of their life, we can recycle most of the parts so that very little is going into the landfill.
- We source our snowshoe components from companies who share similar environmental philosophies to our own. And as more like-minded consumers demand environmental responsibility from suppliers and manufacturers, more and more suppliers will bring better technologies to the market.
- The plastic resins and sheet that are used in our bindings, heel pads, snow guards, have no PVC, VOCs, and plasticizers and are recyclable. The scrap decking material, TGS, has been recycled to make horse corral fill, and other uses are being explored.
- A minimum of 85% of the aluminum and stainless steel used in the construction of our snowshoes is from recycled metal.
- Waste generated in the manufacturing of our snowshoes is recycled including aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, cardboard, and paper.
- 100% of the energy we use is wind generated electricity.
It is our intent to make the waste we create totally accounted for whether through re-use or re-cycle and to use materials that are as environmentally respectful as possible. We’ll continue to research and look for ways to become better and we’re happy to respond to your questions and suggestions. In the meantime, we would also ask you to consider the environment and share whatever ideas you may have with us to make all of us more accountable.
Our “Take Me Back” Program
Send us your Crescent Moon Snowshoes that you no longer use. We will recycle the frames, rivets, claws, and bindings. If the snowshoes still have life, please donate them to a school, camp or program that can use them.