Most items in our Scratch & Save section are 10% to 15% off. Each pair of snowshoes have a slight cosmetic flaw or scratch. No cosmetic flaws or scratches effect performance*
*imperfections shown in photos
Will the scratch grow over time or peel? No. Our frames are anodized aluminum (highly abrasion resistant and durable), meaning that a scratch will not peel and grow over time like some traditional painting methods such as powder coating.
Do scratch and saves snowshoes have the same warranty as an unscratched new pair? Yes.
Are there any other differences between these snowshoes and an unscratched new pair? No. Other than the cosmetic scratches these shoes are the exact same as a full-price snowshoe.
The Gold 17 Snowshoes by Crescent Moon. So large, we had to take an aerial photograph of the shoes just to show them. But sometimes, you need some really big shoes for hiking across untracked deep snow where even the huskies don't go. Even though they'll float you and your gear in the deepest conditions, they're very lightweight. And, the larger version of the SPL binding will accommodate some very big feet, up to size 16. So, go big, into that good forest.
Each set of aluminum snowshoes come with a pair of heel lifts.
What is a heel lift? It's an optional feature for your snowshoes, which adds 2 inches of platform under your heel and makes climbing more efficient, comfortable (by reducing the strain on your calf muscles), and improves traction.
If you're located in the mountains, and you're snowshoeing up long, sustained climbs, a heel lift might be exactly what the doctor ordered. If you're spending most of your time on flatter or rolling terrain, you probably don't need the heel lift.
- Features: Instep Crampon, Heel Crampon
- 5.3 lbs/pair - Recommended for snowshoers up to 300 lbs
- 10" x 37", in. teardrop shape frame for a natural stride and optimal flotation
- Best Use: Backpacking, Mountaineering and Alpine, Hiking
- 3 stainless steel crampons PLUS additional traversing claws
- Tapered frame increases manuverability for large shoe
- SPL binding system for a perfect fit up to size 13
- TIG welded powder coated aluminum frame for greater strength and durability
- The SPL binding distributes the tension equally around your foot to provide the best possible fit.
- TGS decking material is stable and durable in all snow conditions. Contains no PVC
- Based in Colorado, USA. Limited Lifetime warranty - does not include wear and tear