Weight matters. That is why we created the Yellowstone 24.5 (previously Gold 12) snowshoe. Weighing only 1.65 pounds a shoe, the Yellowstone 24.5 will help you get away on packed trails, up ski runs, and across race courses. Past winner of the Winter Gear of the Year, we continue to improve them in our pursuit of a better time. The Yellowstone 24.5 has the same tear drop shaped frame made famous by our other award winning aluminum models, as well as an even lighter foot forming binding that holds your foot securely from top to bottom and front to back, from start to finish. We’ve replaced our stainless steel crampons with aluminum crampons to create the ultimate light weigh trail snowshoe. To keep your feet warm and dry, consider the neoprene booties that fit over your running shoes for complete comfort.
Each set of aluminum snowshoes comes with a pair of heel lifts that can be engaged/disengaged with a simple flip of the wrist.
What is a heel lift? It's an optional feature for your snowshoes that adds 2 inches of platform under your heel to improve comfort, traction and climbing efficiency by reducing the strain on your calf muscles.
If you're located in the hills or mountains and you're snowshoeing up long, sustained climbs, a heel lift might be exactly what the doctor ordered. If you're spending most of your time on flatter or rolling terrain, you probably don't need the heel lift.
- 8.5 x 24.5 in, exaggerated tear drop shape makes it more maneuverable than traditional shapes
- 3.3 lbs./pair
- Recommended for anyone running or training up to 250lbs
- Lightweight race binding, with spring loaded cam buckles
- Fits shoe sizes up to size M14
- 3 aluminum crampon system featuring the climbing “toe” claw design
- Based in Colorado, USA. Limited Lifetime warranty - does not include wear and tear