The Gold 10 is built for unending exploration beginning where most trails end. Bigger bindings, more traction, more surface area, the Gold 10 accommodates foot sizes 10 to 15 including large volume boots like snowboard or hard-shell tele boots and every other kind of cold weather boot. The Backcountry Snowshoe model also features a brilliant set of traversing claws in addition to the stainless steel teeth located at the ball, heel, and most uniquely, the climbing toe claw, and most importantly, everywhere you need traction and nowhere that you don't. The moderated tear drop shape of the mens backcountry Gold 10 model makes the 32" x 10" dimension feel more maneuverable than traditionally shaped 30" snowshoes and the bindings work in concert with the platform to make every step one of great importance and significance in the pursuit of happiness. What more can be said, but these are the finest backcountry snowshoes you'll ever own? We suggest you buy them.
Each set of aluminum snowshoes come with a pair of heel lifts.
What is a heel lift? It's an optional feature for your snowshoes, which adds 2 inches of platform under your heel and makes climbing more efficient, comfortable (by reducing the strain on your calf muscles), and improves traction.
If you're located in the mountains, and you're snowshoeing up long, sustained climbs, a heel lift might be exactly what the doctor ordered. If you're spending most of your time on flatter or rolling terrain, you probably don't need the heel lift.
- 10 x 32 in, teardrop shaped frame – more maneuverable than traditionally shaped shoes
- 4.95 lbs/pair Recommended for snowshoers up to 225 lbs
- Large SPL binding system fits shoe sizes 9 to 15
- Binding features spring cam buckle quick pull loop and ratchet heel strap
- 3 stainless steel crampons PLUS additional traversing claws
- Based in Colorado, USA. Limited Lifetime warranty - does not include wear and tear